If you’ve been considering expanding your living space to accommodate an outdoor kitchen, you’re not alone. The past decade has seen a notable increase in the amount of homeowners who are building commercial-grade outdoor kitchens and it’s not without good reason. Aside from the obvious enjoyment that comes with entertaining outside in a decked out cooking space, there are other very logical benefits to extending your cooking space past the walls of your home.
- Increases the Value of Your Home: When it comes to outdoor living, many people can only focus on the dollar signs. We converse with clients every day who are concerned about the price of their landscape design projects. It’s important to remind them of one word – equity. Yes, elaborate landscape design projects are typically expensive especially if you are looking for a high-tech, commercial-grade kitchen. However, it’s an investment that, if done well, will last for a very, very long time.
- Promotes Healthy Eating: Even if you are cooking the same foods outside as you are cooking inside, grills are naturally more health conscious because of their design. The extra fat drips off the food, but you don’t lose any of the delicious taste. In most cases, grilled food tastes way better than food from the stove or the oven.
- Money Saver: Something that many people might never consider while designing an outdoor dream kitchen is that if you use it frequently enough as a substitute for your indoor kitchen, it can save you money in the long run especially in the summer months. When you cook inside, the heat levels inside your home increase, which means your air conditioning has to work double time to keep the house cool. Cooking outside eliminates this problem all together.
- Money Saver Times Two: How many nights do you walk into your kitchen and not feel any inspiration or motivation to cook a meal for your family? When it’s gorgeous outside, the last thing many of us want is to be cooped up inside while we cook. However, when you have a beautiful outdoor kitchen to utilize, it makes for fun and exciting cooking that the whole family can get involved in. The more you decide to cook at home, the less you will decide to spend money taking the family out to eat.
- Not So Smelly: Yes, it’s true that the smell of many foods cooking are really delicious, but then there are the foods that offer not so appealing odors that will linger in the house for days. Cooking outside means less smoke, fewer odors and zero ventilation issues. You can cook whatever foods you want – even that salmon you love – without it leaving your house smelling like fish for days.
All of the reasons to build an outdoor kitchen add up to one thing – more opportunity to entertain and enjoy time with your family, which is precisely what Moscarino offers with their landscape design services. We build kitchens on small and large scales to fit the client’s needs and budget. If you are interested in extending your living space with a beautiful outdoor kitchen, contact us using this form or call us at 440-236-9000.